For over 150 years, Saint John’s has served its community in the name of Jesus. Originally established as Saint Johannis in 1867, our church formed from the faithfulness of God and the generosity of those founding members who mortgaged their homes and donated their wages so our church could form.
Our church, our neighborhood, and our world have changed a lot since 1867, but one thing remains the same- to Good News of Jesus. Saint John’s continues to gather to hear and learn about the promises of Christ’s kingdom where mercy and love reign above all else. Saint John’s continues to live out this love of Christ as we serve our neighbors in feeding the hungry, caring for children, providing comfort to the grieving, and advocating for justice in our communities.
Read a fuller account of our history.